How can we grow our compassion to becoming a positive influence in the world? Rinpoche teaches on the importance of developing love within ourselves, and describes how to give love away.
Rinpoche describes the difference between appropriate and inappropriate compassion. She uses the Seven Point Mind Training as a way to see that all sentient beings are our mothers, and as a way to find the same love for all sentient beings as we would have for our own mothers. Rinpoche focuses on the importance of developing love within ourselves, and describes how to give love away. She directs us to cultivate our sense of universal responsibility and to ripen our altruistic compassion – bodhicitta.
Seven Point Mind Training to Generate Compassion – April 13, 2005 Sea of Compassion
- 0:00 – Appropriate vs inappropriate compassion
- 11:15 – Seven-fold Cause and Effect Instruction
- 13:34 – 1. Recognizing all sentient beings have been your mother
- 31:13 – 2. Remembering their kindness
- 38:55 – 3. Wishing to repay their kindness
- 42:00 – 4. Love
- 51:47 – 5. Compassion
- 59:07 – 6. Vow of universal responsibility
- 1:11:32 – 7. Bodhicitta – Altruistic Great Compassion
- When confronted with difficult circumstances, do we have to buy into depression, anxiety, anger, apathy, or cynicism? Is there a more effective way? Can we create a positive shift in our lives and our world?
Audio – May 13, 2011: Buddhist Optimism
Haiti and Being a Benefit Being
- How can we grow our compassion to becoming a positive influence in the world?
Audio – February 2, 2010: Haiti and Being a Benefit Being
Healing Our Relationships: Your Precious Mother
- Relationships are one of the most important parts of the human experience – Rinpoche often says one of the great lessons we came here to learn was how to get along with others. It’s no wonder, then, that so many of us find our greatest challenge is maintaining harmonious, fulfilling relationships with others. Buddhism offers a safe and proven method to heal our relationships. Learn how to safely let go of hurts and transform your connection with others from the heart.
Audio – December 13, 2013: Your Precious Mother (1:15)
Many more teachings on compassion are available in the store.
If interested in learning more – contact email@example.com